Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Leaving IITK to go to Japan

4th to 8th May, 05: Returned back to IITK on 4th May from my sisters marriage. After reaching safely in IITK, I was planning to work very hardly so that I can cover up my almost 20 day's work. On 5th morning, I left to Lucknow air-port to drop Pallavi. After coming from lucknow, I met Dr. Pankaj Jalote regarding Cadence Silver Medal Interview but he showed me Red Signal. So I was thinking that I missed many opportunities like attending International Conference (WWW05 , Japan), cadence interview, thesis work for 20 days, etc...etc. On 6th, I met my thesis guide PMitra regarding thesis work completion. He has already given me green signal to defend my thesis. Main hurdle I was finding in defending thesis is approval of Dr. Harish Karnick. For that I have to run the program for almost 2-3 days and take the results. I started doing that. In the mean time, I was thinking of going to Japan somehow.. Even there were hopes of getting T.A. from Institute. But what about VISA ??? I heard that VISA processing takes much time so what to do then???? Left hopes and focused only on Thesis. I found that I cannt do many things without someone's motivation... The same case happened with WWW conference. My CS304 partners, Amit Awekar, Jaya Kawale and Mohit Chowdhury motivated me to try for VISA. (Pallavi was in B'lore for Google's I'view) So whts next ???? Chal pade bhaiyya... "Dauda dauda bhaga bhagasa .... Dauda dauda bhaga bhagasa .... Waqt yeh sakt hai thoda thoda... ". Calling to VISA office on friday, Taking approval of guides, HOD, Getting Institute NOC, submitting application to DRPG, preapring poster, calling Japan office, catching Travelling agent, plane ticket booking, convencing Travelling agent for waiting for money, giving him post-dated cheques (which didnt get cleared on given date ;) ) ........ It was like "Din bhar kaam nahi aaram koi yeh bataye jaye kaha hum... ". But somehow I did it and left to Delhi on 8th night with strong desire to go to Japan and attend international conference. Whole night I was thinking that This is my first International adventure, so I shud get success in it.
Still, Everything was in the air : whether I'll get VISA within a day ? whether I'll get poster printout somewhere ? etc.. etc...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home