Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Finally I got VISA...

9thMay, 05: "Aankho me Sapne liye IITK se chal to diye... Jane ye rahe le jayegi kya Japan ?? " With lots of dreams in eyes, I went to Delhi. In the morning, after reaching in Delhi, I did super fast shaving in train (now I have to do everything super fastly to go to Japan) and then went on the way of Chanakyapuri (Japan Embassy) . The Visa office opens at 9:30 a.m. in the morning, whereas I reached there at 7:00 a.m. I was dying by hunger but no hotels were there nearby office. Japan to jana tha... aur bhukh bhi lagi thi.... Like oasis in dessert, I found tea stall, had biscuts with tea over there and again started waiting outside the Office. Finally, at 9:30 a.m. , I entered in VISA office, showed them all documents. One was missing...Invitation letter from Conference ???? They dont want its printout... They want only FAX copy... now what ??? ab kya karu ??? I was not having FAX copy and next day only I have to go to Japan. I called pallavi and asked her to send mail to Japan but no reply. In the mean time, I called Conference Office, Japan, but main hurdle was Communication. Dude! they dont know English.. They asked me to repeat it many times and that too in slow voice. Somehow I told them that I'll send mail and asked them to reply to it. Again, I called pallavi and asked her to send mail. She helped me alot in this regard. Thanks to her... Finally I received their mail telling They cannt send me Visa Invitation. My first International adventure was finished in Delhi itself.. :(-
Still, my frnd, swapnil asked me to call them, send them mail again.. I did it but everything was in vain.. No proper reply from other side... Finally, getting frustrated we started cancelling tickets. Before that my devil mind ;) asked me to call to VISA Office and so I called up 'n I got good news that They received my VISA Invitation and I can get VISA on the next day.. Hail VISA Office... Hail Conference.. Hail Swapnil .. Hail Pallavi... Though I got VISA , many things were still pending... like taking print out of poster, accomodation arrangement in Japan, etc.. etc.. I called at home to tell them that "I got VISA and am going to Japan tomorrow". After listening this, my mother bursted into tears with lots of care and lots of happiness.. In the evening, I 'n swapnil went to Malls in Gurgaon, we roamed, ate there, did shopping of deo ;) and came back. In the meantime, we had ordered for poster printout. We got printout in the night at 1:00 a.m. Swapnil was there with me all the time. On 10th May, I brought VISA from Japan Embassy and then had lunch with Swapnil. Finally, he helped me to go to International Air-port. Really, He helped alot till I left to Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home